«

»

Jun 23 2011

Print this Post

PI-SPI says ‘bye’ to causeway traffic

Queen Isabella Memorial Causeway (File photo)

By SCARLET O’ROURKE

Staff Writer

The demobilization of the TxDOT renovations to the Queen Isabella Memorial Causeway is guaranteed to the community for the next two weekends, and negotiations are underway to keep the cause­way clear for the remainder of the summer weekends, said Mario Jorge of TxDOT.

As previously reported in the PRESS, the back-up allegedly caused by the renovation work beneath the bridge and conse­quential blockade of the east-bound lane has caused uproar in the communities surround­ing the Bay.

Port Isabel Mayor Joe Vega said he had been in constant contact with TxDOT represen­tatives in efforts to alleviate the congested traffic.

For more on this story, pick up a copy of the June 23 edition of the Port Isabel South Padre Press or check out our E-edition by clicking here.

 

Permanent link to this article: http://portisabelsouthpadre.com/2011/06/23/pi-spi-says-%e2%80%98bye%e2%80%99-to-causeway-traffic/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>